Sahlabor Salep a hot drink popular in the Mediterranean and Middle East Countries .
4 cups milk
2 tablesp cornstarch
3 tablesp sugar
1 teasp rose water
1 teasp orange blossom water
2 teasp cinnamon powder
Pistachios for garnish
- Mix the cornstarch with a 3 tablespoons of cold milk until completely dissolved.
- boil the remaining milk then pour in the cornstarch mix stirring well until dissolved with no lumps.
- Continue to cook on low heat, continue stirring for 8-10 minutes until the milk thickens.
- Then stir in sugar, cinnamon, rose water and orange blossom water until all mixed well.
- Remove form heat, place in serving bowls, allow to cool then garnish with pistachios nuts